One Belt/One Road Improve Indo-China Relationships
- This event has passed.
The Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road also known as One Belt, One Road (abbreviated OBOR) is a development strategy and framework, proposed by Chinese leader Xi Jinping that focuses on connectivity and cooperation among countries primarily between the People’s Republic of China and the rest of Eurasia, which consists of two main components, the land-based “Silk Road Economic Belt” (SREB) and oceangoing “Maritime Silk Road” (MSR) (Source: Wikipedia).
September 21, 2017
9:00 am – 9:30 am Registration. Coffee and Tea
9:30 am – 10:00 am Welcome Remarks
Hon. Nagesh Singh, Consul General of India in Atlanta
10:45 am – 12:30 pm Panel Discussion
- Holli Semetko, Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Media & International Affairs / Professor of Political Science, Emory University
- Amar Sinha, Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, India
- Dr. Jag Sheth, Founder, ICA Institute, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Goizuetta School of Business, Emory University
- Henry Yu, Executive Director, Asian Investors Consortium
- Ziad Haider, Senior Associate (Non Resident), Simon Chair in Political Economy, CSIS
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch with Keynote Speaker
TN Ninan, Chairman & Editorial Director Business Standard LTD.
- Dr. Jag Sheth, Founder, ICA Institute, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing, Goizueta School of Business, Emory University
- Dr. Yawei Liu, Director, China Program, The Carter Center
Ticket Price: $50 (includes lunch)
The Carter Center
453 Freedom Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Enter The Carter Center Parking Lot via Entrance 3, Executive Offices