Global Atlanta Consular Conversations: Luncheon and Interview With Israel’s Consul General
In the eighth event in Global Atlanta’s Consular Conversations Series on April 25, 2017, the editorial team will be interviewing Israel’s Consul General in Atlanta, Ambassador Judith Varnai Shorer.
Topics of discussion will likely include:
- Ambassador Shorer’s diplomatic career
- Israel-U.S. relations under the new administration
- How Israel views upheaval in the Middle East
- Israeli investment in Georgia
- Fintech, cybersecurity and other complementary tech sectors with Atlanta
- Catered light lunch with soft drinks
- One-on-one conversation with the Global Atlanta editorial team, followed by moderated audience Q&A
- Discussion covered by Global Atlanta and published in a later article
Ambassador Varnai Shorer is a nearly 40-year veteran of the Israeli diplomatic corps. She is a former ambassador to both Hungary and Bosnia-Herzegovina as well as a former minister of congressional affairs at the Israeli Embassy in Washington, DC. Her most recent post was desk director at the Center for Policy Research.
Ambassador Varnai Shorer has substantial experience in the U.S. and the Middle East. She speaks Hebrew, French, English and Hungarian and was born in Beer Sheva, Israel.
Ambassador Varnai Shorer is joined by her husband, Oded, and daughter, Roni.