The British-American Business Council of Georgia this week named a new president and voted in a board of directors for the organization promoting U.K. investment and trade relations with Georgia.
Simon Jenner, an attorney for Baker Jenner LLP, who previously worked as general counsel for Alpharetta-based Acella Pharmaceuticals, was installed as president at a members meeting held April 19. He replaces longtime president Jennifer Riis-Poulsen, who will become president emeritus and retain a role as executive director.
Rajan Gupta of Centelli, who recently moderated an in-person panel discussion in Atlanta with Mike Freer, the U.K. minister of exports and equality, and Emma Wade-Smith, Her Majesty’s trade commissioner for North America, was named first vice president for the council.
Other members added to the board include Paul Allen, business development director for the Americas for Gleeds, a professional services firm focused on the construction sector. Mr. Allen will head up the membership committee and serve as second vice president.
Alexis Svenson, account manager for Soho Media Group, joined the executive committee as marketing chair, the council announced on social media.
See the full executive committee:
- Simon Jenner, Baker Jenner LLP – President
- Rajan Gupta, Centelli 1st VP
- Paul Allen, Gleeds – 2nd VP
- Brian Jenner, Xeragenx LLC – Secretary
- Joe Briner, Vertical Capital Advisors – Treasurer
- Jennifer Riis-Poulsen – President Emeritus
The board of directors includes:
- Stephen Dorvee, Arnall Golden Gregory
- Kim Gunbie, JoLo Parking Solutions
- Andrew Gross, principal, Andrew N. Gross, LLC
- Matthew DiVenere, DiVenere Capital Partners
- Ed Haines, Jabian Consulting
- Alexis Svenson, Soho Media
- Alex Robson
- Elio Recchia, Hays