- October 3 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 4 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- October 19 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- November 3 - November 5
- This event has passed.
Chile Infrastructure for Aviation/Airport Equipment Sectors
June 30, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Learn about Chile $1.4 billion Airport Modernization Plan, the Chilean government plan to meet passenger demand by doubling terminal capacity in 17 airports over the next 20 years. Learn about business opportunities for U.S. suppliers of airport ground equipment products and services; construction and engineering companies specialized in airport construction, and airport operators.
- Chile must increase the passenger capacity in its airport network throughout the country to meet an estimated 10 percent annual passenger growth.
- The plan entails expanding the airports from a combined 214,000 square meters to 537,000 square meters.
- Five airports currently operated by the civil aviation authority will be tendered under the concession model, along with Viña del Mar operated by the military.
- Chile is expected to need a second international airport in Santiago by 2030 when the capacity at the current airport exceeds its design capacity.