- This event has passed.
Establishing Your Virtual Business Presence: Legal Issues Relating to E-Commerce and Adjusting Your Business to the ‘New Normal’
September 24, 2020 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The pandemic has accelerated a shift to the digital and virtual engagement of customers across all industries, particularly retail. Gartner Inc. has seen an “incredible surge” in interest in digital commerce capabilities from IT executives across many sectors. Manufacturers used to selling through storefronts, are now setting up websites and virtual storefronts to sell directly to customers, and restaurants and retailers are moving operations to parking lots and sidewalks. In addition, the ability of brands to increase their agility and integrate commerce platforms with key digital marketing customer experience systems is critical to success.
The group will discuss:
- How businesses are adapting to changes in customer behavior and creating or adjusting their online operations.
- Mobile app development and suggestions for a complimentary customer experience.
- Necessary steps to ramp up virtual private network connections and use of cloud services to communicate with customers.
- U.S. and international privacy and data security laws considerations including privacy policies, data breach response, email marketing, and GDPR.
- Behind the scenes infrastructure for fulfilling orders and entering into 3rd party contracts.
- Restaurant adaptations for indoor and outdoor dining in a COVID world.
- How to effectively monitor sales and online metrics in a rapid growth cycle.
There is an opportunity for Q&A at the end of this webinar.
Note: The presentation and audio for this webinar will be streamed through your computer. A dial-in number will not be provided.
To enhance your webinar experience, please make sure to close out of all other streaming services prior to joining the webinar.