Exclusive Cognac Tasting: One of the Oldest Drinks in the History of Mankind
- This event has passed.
Tasting Classic Cognacs, One of the Oldest Drinks in the History of Mankind
Julia Nourney is one of only 35 “Cognac Educators” worldwide authorized by the French Cognac Office (BNIC). This seminar will open the world of cognac to you. Understand the specific of this classic and very diverse liquor deeply rooted in French and European history. This seminar is designed for beginners as well as advanced connoisseurs of fine craft spirits.
Please note that all 5 tasting seminars with Julia Nourney have only 25-30 seats each. Please contact Atlanta Bourbon Company for questions or if you are planning a private event.
About Julia Nourney
Julia began her career in Germany and Switzerland, and she has more than 25 years of experience in old world distilling traditions and new world production techniques. She is an author, co-author, and translator of various books, as well as an esteemed judge of several international spirits competitions in Europe, Asia and the United States. Julia’s accolades include:
- In 2007 she was awarded the title of ‘whisky expert of the year’ by the Scottish distillery Glenfiddich.
- She became one of only 35 officially authorized ‘Cognac Educators’ by the French Cognac office (BNIC) in 2011
- She was conferred a lifelong knighthood for her merits in the whisky business by the Swiss Cotwe Society in 2014.
- In September 2018 she was honored at the London Distilling Expo for her ‘Outstanding Contributions to Craft Spirits’.
- Over the last decade Julia has upheld a close relationship with the American Distilling Institute and is a regular guest speaker at the annual ADI conferences.
Atlanta Bourbon Company is extremely proud to have won Julia Nourney for its “While We Are Waiting Campaign”.