Food Waste in a Food Insecure World
- This event has passed.
One third of all food produced worldwide is wasted, amounting to 1.3 billion tons per year, according to the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization. While hundreds of millions go hungry across the world, governments struggle to prioritize sustainable food production and consumption.
Experts each representing a different sector of the food industry – producers, consumers, and service providers – will discuss how Atlanta addresses food insecurity, and give their own vision for ending hunger and food waste both here in Georgia and around the world.
- Kyle Waide, CEO, Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Elly Kaganzi, Deputy Director- Agriculture & Market Systems at CARE
- Chef Zu, Chef & Founder, Kings Apron
- Cicely Garrett, Deputy Chief Resilience Officer, City of Atlanta
- Jamila Norman, Owner, Patchwork City Farms