Scotland vs. Ireland Tasting: Which Country Produces Your Favorite Whiskey?
- This event has passed.
Your Taste Decides! This seminar is designed to understand the differences and styles of Scottish and Irish whiskey. This event is all about winning! Test your favorite region, learn about the unique history of Irish and Scottish whiskey. Julia will take you back in history to the earliest known whiskey distilleries explaining in detail the uniqueness of each product. This course can be designed as a beginner as well as an advanced seminar depending on the attendees.
Please note that all 5 tasting seminars with Julia Nourney have only 25-30 seats each. Please contact Atlanta Bourbon Company for questions or if you are planning a private event.
Atlanta Bourbon Company is extremely proud to have won Julia Nourney for its “While We Are Waiting Campaign”. Please note that all 5 tasting seminars with Julia Nourney have only 25-30 seats.
Julia is an author, co-author, and translator of various books, as well as an esteemed judge of several international spirits competitions in Europe, Asia and the United States. Julia’s accolades include:
- In 2007 she was awarded the title of ‘whisky expert of the year’ by the Scottish distillery Glenfiddich.
- She became one of only 35 officially authorized ‘Cognac Educators’ by the French Cognac office (BNIC) in 2011
- She was conferred a lifelong knighthood for her merits in the whisky business by the Swiss Cotwe Society in 2014.
- In September 2018 she was honored at the London Distilling Expo for her ‘Outstanding Contributions to Craft Spirits’.
- Over the last decade Julia has upheld a close relationship with the American Distilling Institute and is a regular guest speaker at the annual ADI conferences.
This is an exclusive tasting event series of 5 different tastings this October. Be sure to reserve your seat soon!