South African Women’s Alliance/Brand South Africa Gala and Women’s Economic Empowerment Business Forum
- This event has passed.
Goals: To Inspire and unify civil society, business, government and the media to build the reputation of South African talent in Entertainment Industry, and contribute to its global competitiveness.
For the past five years, South African Women Alliance (SAWA) and Brand South Africa have hosted the Celebration of South African Women’s Day in Atlanta. The main purpose of this event is to exhibit and honor the strength and resiliency of South African women who have paved the way for others to follow. Despite enduring past injustices of Apartheid, South African women continue to thrive, and their exceptional talent in various industry is counted among the best in the world. These women have emerged and led the way for other women to follow in their respective fields. SAWA continue to use the platform in Atlanta to put a spotlight on these talents for the world to see.
This year’s gala will celebrate South African Excellence and Legacy in Entertainment by honoring our legends who have played a vital role in promoting South Africa on the world stage. This category represents our highest honor and award and is only bestowed upon rigidly selected individuals whose exemplary work has significantly expanded the global impact of South African culture, social and economic status quo.
2019 SAWA Gala Honorees:
- Leleti Khumalo, 2019 African Legendary Award Recipient for her leading role in Sarafina!
- Abigail Kubeka, 2019 African Legendary Award Recipient for her iconic roles in music, film and theater
- Mudunwazi Baloyi, Brand South Africa- USA Manager
- Felicia Mabuza-Suttle, Talk Show Host and Business Woman
- Abigail Kubeka, Musician and Actress
The gala includes:
- 3 Course Dinner at the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
- VIP Reception/Red Carpet-Formal Program/Awards-Ceremony/After Party
- Live Band Entertainment by a Veteran Singer, Abigail Kubeka, and Award Winning Duo Artists, Mahalia Buchanan and Xolani Mdlalose
- Learn about South African Entertainment Industry, Tourism, Trade, Arts and Culture
The Women’s Economic Empowerment Business Forum will take place on August 23 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and will highlight major South African businesses and professionals that can forge commercial connections between South Africa and the USA. Most importantly, the goal is to attract foreign investments for the purpose of building small and medium sized women-owned businesses in South Africa.
This all day, interactive Women Business Forum will consist of four sectors:
- Panel (speakers from Government, Invest Atlanta, Private Sectors).
- Question and Answer Segment between South African businesses and American investors.
- Presentation of Business Pitches by South African Women to encourage non-South Africans to form partnership with South Africans.
- Networking and Vendor Sales.
- Jerry Mpufane, President, South African Tourism North America