The Power of Food: Binding us to our Culture and One Another
- This event has passed.
A culinary and cultural night fundraiser for the Refugee Women’s Network.
Food is a universal experience. It can make you feel at home or connected to you home when you are far away. Although you eat everyday, you don’t always think about how food shapes culture, life, and relationships. Who doesn’t like a hot and fragrant home cooked meal?
The Refugees Women’s Network identified cooking as a common skill among the refugee community and designed an entrepreneurship development program around cooking: The Chefs Kitchen. The chefs in the program have vast knowledge of cooking age-old recipes and cooking techniques. Many of them are accomplished chefs and share keen interest in venturing into the food business.
In this event you are invited to:
- Learn how to cook an appetizer in 20 minutes or less
- Hear from refugee chefs about their journey and the importance of food to the refugee community
- Gain a new perspective and appreciation for food
100% of the funds raised in this event will support the Chefs Kitchen Program:
- Pay for chefs certification
- Rental of kitchen facilities to train chefs
- Cooking supplies
- Helping chefs launch their own business
- Provide access to mentorship and training programs
You are invited to make a donation to support the Chefs Kitchen Program: