Travel to Malta with Go Eat Give
- This event has passed.
Malta has temples that pre-date the pyramids at Giza and Stonehenge, some of the clearest waters in the world, and boasts a capital city that is a baroque masterpiece. Like Croatia of 20 years ago, Malta has just now become a newly discovered travel destination for the cultural enthusiast and not as a second thought. The Maltese Islands, although small in size, offers travelers a rare opportunity to see a well preserved history and exciting present day culture.
Join Go Eat Give on its inaugural tour to the Mediterranean island of Malta, accompanied by Go Eat Give founder and award-winning travel writer, Sucheta Rawal. On this trip, you will get a chance to meet locals, have village feasts, relax on the beach and stay at a UNESCO World Heritage city!
– Sail in traditional Maltese boat (Dghajsa) around the Grand Harbor like many nobility have before!
– Take a tour of the stunning St. John’s Co-Cathedral, created by the Knights of St. John.
– Participate in a patron village festival with elaborate displays, lighting, fireworks, music, and party with the locals.
– Visit the Old Capital City of Mdina, where Game of Thrones was filmed.
– Travel by boat & tuk-tuk to the island of Gozo.
– Have lunch at a family-run farm & taste fresh olive oil, cheese & wine.
– Take a cooking class with Pippa Mattei, celebrity cook, food writer and teacher, in her Maltese kitchen.
– Wine tasting at Tal-Massar vineyards.
– Taste Maltese classic dishes at local restaurants serving ftira, pizzas, qassatat and bread.
– Get behind the scenes look at the history of falconry on the islands.
– Enjoy a private boat ride through the Blue Grotto.
– Step back some 5500 years with a visit to the Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temple sites.
– Volunteer with Dream of Horses Farm.