- October 3 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 4 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- October 19 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- November 3 - November 5
- This event has passed.
Women + Trade Panel Discussion
April 30, 2020 at 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Women’s History Month may have passed, but the Mayor’s Office of International Affairs (MOIA) and the Women’s Chamber of Commerce want to highlight the contribution of women in trade. As part of MOIA’s trade promotion initiative you are invited to Women + Trade – a virtual panel discussion highlighting women exporters, their impact on the global economy, and how they are managing and dealing with the current COVID-19 crisis. You will also hear from the Small Business Administration Center (SBDC), the EXIM Bank and Invest Atlanta about resources to support small businesses and exporters during the current crisis.
You’ll hear firsthand from the following speakers about their journey, best practices, and navigating the COVID-19 crisis:
- Doll Avant, Founder & CEO, Aquagenuity
- Amy Barbieri, Co-Founder, Chief Revenue Officer & VP of Marketing, VITAL4
- Andal Balu, Founder, Inno Concepts, Inc. & Founder, CocoaTown.com
- Annie Eaton, CEO, Futurus
You’ll also hear from the following speakers about resources to support businesses during the COVID-19 crisis:
- Darrel Hulsey, Small Business Development Center UGA
- Nathan Regan, Invest Atlanta
- Nicole Woods, EXIM Bank
- Michael Theisen-Jones, Metro Atlanta Chamber
Women-owned businesses account for 39% of all U.S. firms, employ almost 9 million people, and generate over $1.7 trillion in revenues. While women’s entrepreneurship has been on the rise, less than 15% of firms that export are women-owned companies.
Please join for this special event to hear firsthand export accounts from metro Atlanta–based companies and learn about the different tools, resources, and services available to support your international journey.Zoom details will be shared after registration.