The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States, Inc.
The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States, Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States (U.S.). Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. Our services focus on the areas of Consulting (U.S. Market Entry, Business Representation, Federal Projects) and Membership. We are part of an international network composed of 140 German foreign chambers of commerce and government offices in 92 countries.
Job description found in the Duties listed below:
- Full Time
- Planning and execution of projects, including advising companies on their U.S. market entry and expansion strategy; tasks may include researching potential markets, relevant associations and sales channels; conducting competitor analyses; generating marketing strategies and materials, and more.
- Answering general inquiries about doing business in the U.S..
- Assist German companies with their U.S. market entry or expansion through our business representation service: work in close cooperation with clients to develop adequate strategy for business development efforts and market positioning
- Customer relationship management: work closely with management of German business clients to gain complete understanding of their business & planning cycles to better align services and drive sales
- Identifying prospective customers, project and delegation participants by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and associations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Researching industry information to identify and justify suitable project topics. Liaising with Project Managers to identify opportunities and new concepts for projects.
- Staying informed while continually increasing knowledge of policy issues and technological developments in key industries (i.e. the Energy / Oil and Gas, Medical, Automotive, Aerospace Sectors).
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with key partners, multipliers and clients, including engaging in ongoing communication, particularly for the development of new initiatives and projects.
- Preparing project reports for the department head, client or other stakeholders.
- For projects with an event, duties may include identifying relevant current topics and agenda points for discussion, researching and inviting suitable speakers, interacting with sponsors and other stakeholders, developing promotional materials and other creative promotional activities, researching and securing targeted attendees, tracking expenses according to the project budget, project reporting, and other duties as needed.
- Supporting the ongoing activities of the GACC South, including participation in GACC South member events and assisting with other projects as needed.
- Attending meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with key partners and clients.
- Project management skills
- Planning and analytical skills
- Consulting and Sales skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented
Please email your application, cover letter, 2 reference letters and resume attached.