Consular Conversations: Luncheon/Interview With Belgian Consul General William de Baets
- This event has passed.
Global Atlanta’s monthly Consular Conversations series sponsored by Miller & Martin PLLC continues as the editorial team interviews William de Baets, Belgium’s Consul General in Atlanta.
Potential topics of discussion:
- Recent visit of Benelux ambassadors
- CG De Baets’ travels around the South
- Belgian political update
- Culmination of WWI exhibitions
- Belgian company visits
- Belgian diplomatic history in Georgia and beyond
- Views on Brexit, EU political and defense issues
- Catered light lunch with soft drinks
- One-on-one conversation with the Global Atlanta editorial team, followed by moderated audience Q&A
- Discussion covered by Global Atlanta and published in a later article
William De Baets was named consul general in Atlanta in April 2016. He brings to this posting 16 years of diplomatic experience acquired in Ivory Coast, Venezuela, Ethiopia, Brussels, where he headed the Foreign Affairs Crisis Center and B-FAST, and Washington, DC. In Washington he focused on political-military affairs under the leadership of Ambassador Verbeke. Before joining the diplomatic service, William De Baets served 9 years in the Belgian Navy, both on board and in headquarters.
Summary of Mr. De Baets’ previous Consular Conversation: Belgium a ‘Mini-Europe,’ Well-Versed in Compromise and Contradiction
Don’t miss other events: