International Business Webinar Series: China’s Economy and Business Environment Post COVID-19
- This event has passed.
“China’s Economy and Business Environment Post COVID-19”
The impact of Covid-19 on Chinese society and economy, and on international business norms, has been rapid and severe. Business as usual may not return any time soon. Companies need to re-think their strategies in light of China’s, and the global economy’s, downturns. Funding for new start-ups may be impacted, and challenges in supply chains may exacerbate the trends of companies diversifying away from producing in China. Finally, U.S.-China tensions are increasing the political risk on both sides of the Pacific. Some of the changes, however, may bring silver linings and new opportunities.
- Dr. Penelope Prime, Clinical Professor of International Business Georgia State University Founding Director of the China Research Center
- Dr. Qian (Cecilia) Gu, Associate Professor of International Business, Georgia State University Poets & Quants Top 40 under 40 MBA Professors in 2020
- Dr. Leigh Anne Liu,Professor of International Business, Georgia State University, Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics 2020-2021
From this session, participants will learn updates on:
- How China’s economic recovery is progressing
- Challenges, opportunities, and strategies of startups and VC investments in China
- Approaches to Sino-U.S. conflict management
- The status of the U.S.-China phase one trade deal