- September 28 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 3 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 4 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- October 19 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Panama: Digital Hub of the Americas and a Gateway of Opportunities for U.S. Companies
June 18, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Panama has a relatively high internet penetration rate of 2.9 million or 70% of the population. About 2.5 million Panamanians access the internet via smart phones. Panama has the best submarine fiber optic connections in Latin America with interconnections to North and South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, and over redundant routes.
Panama’s economy is services based (account for nearly 80% of GDP), home to the Panama Canal, some 147 Multinational Corporations Headquarters, and 78 banks. Consequently, cybercrime, digital espionage, and the disruption of online services are always a concern.
The Panama government aims to be the “Digital Hub of the Americas” and is committed to the digital transformation of the public sector, e-Government, and access to public Wi-Fi spaces. More accessibility also brings greater security challenges that create opportunities for U.S. companies that offer cyber security solutions that prevent and deter cybercrimes.
- Hear from government and private sector experts on how your company can be part of Panama’s digital transformation.
- Internet connectivity points have been enabled throughout the republic under the “Internet for All” program, facilitating internet access for the country’s population.
- Leading sectors with greatest ICT needs: Logistic Sector; Agribusiness; Education; E-Commerce; and E-Government.
Panama is modernizing its ICT sector and expanding access across the country. Government and companies seek improved e-government, e-commerce, 5G, cloud computing, data analytics, and cybersecurity capabilities.
Learn about business opportunities in the ICT sector, understand the latest development in the regulatory environment, and gain insights to tools and resources to support your company’s market entry to Panama!