Whiskeys From Asia Tasting: Experience Asia’s History in Distilling
- This event has passed.
Whiskeys From Asia, Learn about their Historical and Distilling Specifics
This seminar is designed to get an overview of Asian whiskeys. Challenge your knowledge and learn how to differentiate six main Asian regions from each other. Learn about the distilling history of each country and its fabulous producers and be surprised: you may like something different than you expected? Julia has been to various Indian distilleries and judged for the IndSpirit Competition for many years as well as in western countries. So expect an Asian challenge. This course can be designed for beginners as well as advanced whiskey connoisseurs.
Please note that all 5 tasting seminars with Julia Nourney have only 25-30 seats each. Please contact Atlanta Bourbon Company for questions or if you are planning a private event.
ABOUT JULIA NOURNEY
Julia began her career in Germany and Switzerland, and she has more than 25 years of experience in old world distilling traditions and new world production techniques. She is an author, co-author, and translator of various books, as well as an esteemed judge of several international spirits competitions in Europe, Asia and the United States. Julia’s accolades include:
- In 2007 she was awarded the title of ‘whisky expert of the year’ by the Scottish distillery Glenfiddich.
- She became one of only 35 officially authorized ‘Cognac Educators’ by the French Cognac office (BNIC) in 2011
- She was conferred a lifelong knighthood for her merits in the whisky business by the Swiss Cotwe Society in 2014.
- In September 2018 she was honored at the London Distilling Expo for her ‘Outstanding Contributions to Craft Spirits’.
- Over the last decade Julia has upheld a close relationship with the American Distilling Institute and is a regular guest speaker at the annual ADI conferences.
Atlanta Bourbon Company is extremely proud to have won Julia Nourney for its “While We Are Waiting Campaign”.