The company that owns Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and other iconic clothing brands is set to invest $77.6 million in a new distribution center near the Atlanta airport that will create 575 jobs.
New York City-based PVH Corp. has operations in 40 countries and imports products sourced from all over the world through the Port of Savannah, among other gateways. The new center will be located in Palmetto, Ga., and the company will continue operating an existing warehouse in McDonough, according to a state of Georgia news release.
The news comes just months after British fashion retailer ASOS said it would hire 1,600 at a warehouse in nearby Union City. It also is another stamp of approval for the areas close to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which have banded together under the Aerotropolis Atlanta initiative promote inbound investment.
Other brands in the PVH portfolio include Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner’s, Geoffrey Beene and the recently acquired intimates brand True & Co. It has licensed the Speedo swimwear brand in North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity.
PVH Has 38,000 employees globally and annual revenues in 2018 of $9.7 billion. About 90 percent of revenues come from Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, with the remaining 10 percent attributable to what the company calls “heritage brands.”