- December 2 at 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
- December 5 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- December 8 at 7:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Consular Conversations Luncheon: Korea
November 1 at 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Join Global Atlanta on Wednesday, November 1 for another interview in the Consular Conversations series presented by Miller & Martin PLLC, featuring Sangpyo Suh, Consul General of Korea in Atlanta.
The discussion will include a one-on-one interview with the Global Atlanta Managing Editor, Trevor Williams, followed by a moderated audience Q&A.
A follow-up of the event will be published in an article following the discussion. Consular Conversations Annual Pass holders will have exclusive access to a post-event recording of the discussion.
Discussion topics include:
- CG Suh’s time as ambassador to Pakistan
- Korea’s automotive investment wave in the Southeast
- US/Korea trade and investment ties in light of the IRA/CHIPS act
- Bridging cultural gaps between U.S. and Korean firms
- Trilateral cooperation between Korea, US and Japan and the recent Camp David summit
- Navigating Korea’s strong economic links to China
- Georgia’s nearly 40 years of Korea outreach and the state’s honor from the Korea Society
- Soft power (Kpop, etc) and boosting Korean language instruction in Georgia
Meet Our Speaker:
Consul General of the Republic of Korea to the Southeast United States
- Apr. 1993 – Passed High Diplomatic Service Examination
- May 1993 – Joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Jul. 2002 – First Secretary, Korean Permanent Delegation to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in Paris, France
- Jun. 2005 – Counsellor, Korean Embassy in the Republic of Gabon
- Jan. 2009 – Director, Economic Organization Division, International Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT)
- Feb. 2011 – Assistant Secretary, Office of the President
- Jan. 2012 – Secondment to Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), Seoul, Korea
- Aug. 2012 – Director, Energy, Climate Change and Environment Division, International Economic Affairs Bureau, MOFAT
- Dec. 2013 – Minister-Counsellor, Korean Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York, U.S.A.
- Jan. 2016 – Director, Multilateral Economic Organizations Division, International Economic Affairs Bureau, Mistry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Aug. 2018 – Dean of Education and Training, Korea National Diplomatic Academy (KNDA), MOFA
- Dec. 2020 – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Jul. 2023 – Consul-General, Korean Consulate General in Atlanta, U.S.A.
- Dec. 2000 – Prime Minister’s Citation
- Jun. 2011 – Service Merit Medal