- September 28 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 3 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- October 4 at 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- October 19 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Exploring Cultures through the Lens of Film
October 10, 2018 at 6:14 pm - 8:30 pm
Films captivate us as viewers, transporting us to different situations and places. We submerge in their stories and we get emotional. Films can help us to understand and empathize with the protagonist of the story. Sometimes we identify and relate to the plot and we become advocates, and sometimes we feel aggravated and want to leave the theater or we become hard critics. Films are an incredible source of intercultural interactions and learning.
Become part of Intercultural Atlanta’s event on “Exploring Cultures through the Lens of Film”! Our dynamic panelists will be speaking on their areas of expertise. Participants will have an opportunity to address various questions on film watching and cultures in addition to how to add films to their training routines.
JOIN US at this unique event!
– Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D – Professor at Emory Department of Film and Media Studies. Also founder & editor-in-chief of the award-winning news site the Burton Wire.
– Shellie Schmals – Atlanta Jewish Film Festival Film Programming Manager
– Christopher Minz – Georgia State University Ph.D. Candidate, Moving Image Studies
Intercultural Atlanta invites you to bring interested colleagues, family, and friends! Share with your social media and on public billboards. This special event is open to the public at no cost. Be sure to RSVP.
There is a parking garage below the Colony Square building. Park in the RED section and take the escalators up to the main floor to catch the elevator to the 11th floor. Bring your parking ticket with you to validate at the cultural center. If you are taking MARTA, the arrival train station is ARTS Station. Walk towards Peachtree Street and Colony Square is across the street, slightly south.
Agence Olloweb on Unsplash
Feel free to share this event on your Facebook and Twitter.
Popcorn and light refreshments will be served,
We hope you can attend!